Friday, April 10, 2009

Saurus Test Figure

Here is my first Saurus. I've gotten a ways through him, and am now just left to decide what to do with the contrast colour for the body. But lets have a looksee at him now.





This is after the first big step, covering him in red. First is a coat of Merchite Red, to gove a nice base to work on. Then comes a layer of Gore Red, which is heavily washed with Gryphon Sepia, to try to get a slightly browner ting. I don't think it worked like that, but it looks nice.

Next comes the details. At this stage I've taken photos, but havent done a couple of things, notably the wrist guards. Since then they have been made into gold, like the weapons.




The bone parts are copied from the guide to painting Saurus on the GW site. The gold is Shining Gold, followed by Dwarf Bronze, followed by Gryphon Sepia. I think it turned out well.

All that I have left to decide on is the contrasting colour. I'm leaning to the foundation colour Ochre, washed with, possibly, the red wash, and then hightlighted with Blazing orange. I'll see how that turns out.

No comments: