Monday, April 6, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Well, that's easy to answer.
Unemployed.
So there has been no monies for the spending, at all, let alone on plastic crack. But there's a little income now, and hopefully more to come. So I'm starting up a plan: $20 a week, and no more then that. As it stands I have $40 set aside atm, and by the middle of this week I'll have another $20. With the standard box of a Warhammer Regiment costing $55, that means I can get something this week. At the moment I'm tossing up between Lizardmen Skinks or Saurus. Leaning towards the later, as that is less things to paint, and gives me a chance to plan a nice start to my army. I'll come back later with the beginnings of an army list, for 500pts, and then for 1000pts. These will probably not be very good fighting lists, but they will have what I want to use in them, so that's all that matters to me.

This amount a week also means that I can look towards expanding my IG army when the new book comes out. First on the list for them is some (I'm thinking like 6) Chimeras, to make my current force entirely mechanized. Then we can work on other things. But I need to see what the book has to say, so I can decide on what it is that I'm building. I want the give the Chimeras Autocannons for turrent weapons, so that may require a planned purchase from Forge Worl, but thats a ways down the line.

The last couple of days I have been working on getting some sceneary finished. I touched up the hedges that I have (painted and grassed the bases), built a pair of silos ( started painting them), base coated a crater I had made a some stage, painted the little hill for a standing stone (the first thing I ever made for scenary) and stuck them togeather, and made the first attempt at a hay stack. Currently the hay stack needs to finish drying (put to much PVA on part of it me thinks) before I can undercoat it. Once Im finished I will make a step by step of how it's done, so that others can see how its done.

Well, off to work out my little Lizardmen Lists.

No comments: