Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Plan

Ok, so, I need a plan. A plan that will both encourage me to finish painting those things that I have bought, and a plan that will attempt to reign in my urges to spend butt loads of cash on this hobby with out actually doing anything with the stuff I buy. So, here is the plan that I have come up with, and the rules by which it will run:
  1. I may spend, at most, NZ$100 per month on new models, paints, and accessories. This is to include any postage costs if it were to come from overseas (such as the great great stuff from Forge World).
  2. If I spend less the NZ$100, the balance carries over to the next month. This is to allow me to save up to buy those really really costly things, such as a Battalion box or some such. This means that I may spend a total, by the end of December 2009, of NZ$1200 on this hobby.
  3. Anything that I buy in a month MUST be finished painting before I can spend anymore money. So if I happen to buy something that has 50 models in it, then I need to paint all 50 before I can move on to buying something else. The standard of painting should be Table Top usable, so that I can actually play games with them.
So thats the basic outline of the plan. Also, each month, as early as I can, I will post up what it is that I expect to buy for that month, as well as what I plan to get painted.

No comments: