Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why Are We Here?

Hi.
As the title of this post suggests, we are here to talk about what I plan to achieve with this blog.
First, the goal is to use this to chronicle my efforts to complete a painting project. In fact, it will be two painting projects. Top of the list is the Pholus 3/7th Battle Group, a Mounted Infantry force serving as part of the Imperial Guard. This force is partly built and painted, but as will be seen when I post up the final goal for them, there is always, always going to be room to expand.
After the IG force, the next on my list is a Lizardman force for Warhammer Fantasy. They are the next on the list of Fantasy armies, and the new book is coming out on the 7th of Febuary. I have always wanted to do an army of them, so this is a nice time to set out to collect one.
So those are my main painting goals. Whats the other use of this blog then? Well, beyond my interest in Warhammer stuff, I am also quite an avid consumer of Dungeons and Dragons. I have my own gaming group who play regularly, and have my own world that I try to put my games within. To that end, I will, from time to time, talk about what we are doing, what I'm interested in, and what I think might be fun to run in a game.
And then theres WoW. And Eve. And maybe something to do with Startrek. And all sorts of other things to do with computer games. I plan to waffle on from time to time about different games I play, what I like, what I hate, and how things are going.
So thats the plan. In the near future I will go over what my plans for each of the main painting sets will be, and maybe give some background.

No comments: